Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Strengths of Being Weak

            All right, I would like to draw your attention to the picture right up (^) there. When you first look at it, it's a tree in a rock. Cool. But, if you look closer, you'll see that the rock doesn't look like it's always been cracked like that. During the course of that trees growth, it could grow around the rock, and would have died without the sunlight. Instead of giving up, it pushed little by little, probably for years, and finally cracked the rock over top of it!


       Would you say the tree was incredibly strong to crack the rock? It's my opinion that the tree itself is not that strong. I think its perseverance cracked the rock. So in other posts I've mentioned how I feel like 'I need to be able to do it all'.  Well, obviously they haven't disappeared instantly. And they won't. So this week, God has been reminding me of my weakness. Okay, I already see it enough, more like reminding me of what I need to do with my weaknesses. First verse:

                                                    1 Corinthians 2:3
                      "I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling"


   So, the part that really hit me about this verse is that the person speaking actually came to God.
First thing to do with my weakness: Bring it to God. Second verse:

                                                     2  Corinthians 12:9a
      " But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." "



   Wow. Second thing to do with my weakness: After I've brought it to him, rejoice! God's grace is sufficient, his power is made perfect through my weakness! Last verse:

                                                         Hebrews 11: 33-34a
  "By faith these people overthrew kingdoms, ruled with justice, and received what God had promised them. They shut the mouths of lions, quenched the flames of fire and escaped death by the edge of the sword. Their weakness was turned to strength." (This verse is talking about the Judges in the Old Testament)


This one is my favorite. Girls, this is what I want to do! I just love how it says that by faith these people ruled with justice, escaped death by the edge of the sword, doesn't that just spark you adventure nerve?!
Everything about that verse is beautiful, and then at the end, God throws in this message, and it hits straight into my heart. "Their weakness was turned to strength" Their weakness wasn't turned into strength by themselves, God gave it to them with his grace, because they had faith. So what I can never be strong by myself, it would come to an end so quickly! I rejoice in my weakness, because that means God can work through me! That way people can see God's strength!  I have to have faith. That's what he reminded me, while sitting in my chair.


                                                     With love,
                                                        Avery



3 comments:

  1. So often we label weakness as a bad thing when it really isn't! Thanks for the reminder it is God's strength that makes me strong, not anything I can do. How awesome is it that in our weakness, He makes us strong? Mindblowing!
    Hugs!
    Mary Frances

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has been teaching me about my weakness, too, as I am learning to be a Mom! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete