Thursday, September 12, 2013



                Does the business of life ever get to you? Are you tired of trying to be the perfect friend, sibling, role-model? You might be just plain ready to quit, ready escape all the hassle. But here's the thing, you'll never really escape from all the worry, despair, and anxiety that comes from living on this earth. Sorry to burst you bubble, but it's true. Because we have sinned, and continue to sin, this world is not going down the success road! The world is constantly berating us with demands to be perfect, and for us home-schoolers, to be a genius, and still be a wonderful sibling too.


      So what do I do in response to this? Well, you probably know the right answer to this question, but besides that, when we embrace our flesh, what do we do? We WORRY. I WORRY.

                                                              WOR-RY
                     'To give way to anxiety or unease; allow one's mind to dwell on difficulty or troubles.'
                                         (Oxford American Dictionary)

   We dwell on our difficulties. Basically, when it doesn't look bright, we don't even look up. We stare at the cold hard pavement and run into a pole. So,  how do I choose to be content, to trust God? (That's the opposite of worry) I have to choose to be content, I have to choose to trust in Him! I need to look away from my difficulties, from my problems, and look up. Into God's face. Even rainclouds are beautiful, when you take the time to look at them, instead of the rain.



But the choosing is hard. Habits are hardly broken in a day! I need Jesus' strength and forgiveness every day, because sometimes looking at the ground is easier. But if I'm only looking at the ground, or my difficulties, my problems, I don't have time to be generous to my friends and family, I don't have time to be kind and gentle, christlike. I want to be like Christ. Christ didn't worry. Christ looked to the heavens, He looked up, and thanked His Father. He didn't worry. Girls, we can't be truly Christlike until we set our worry aside. When we start looking up and noticing other people have problems too, not just us, we give other people a picture of Christ. Remember, Jesus' grace is always there for you. We won't get this completely right, but we'll never stop hitting poles until we choose Him. 

With love,
Avery


No comments:

Post a Comment