Saturday, September 27, 2014

Runningrunningrunning


Can I just say I love running? 
That's all that really needs to be said here, honestly.

I ran my first 5k (3.1 miles if you're wondering) this morning, and it was everything I thought it would be! I ran in the Annual Run Against Slavery- a fundraiser for K-state Freedom Alliance (a non-profit organization that raises awareness of human trafficking). 

Sign up at 7:30... I really just wanted to run, but we had to wait for other people to show up... 

Putting on our numbers

Yay! So excited! (I couldn't keep my feet still)
warm up until the race begins at about 8:00.

24:00 minutes later...




Finished!
It wasn't too hot, so at least I (emphasis on I) wasn't that sweaty:)


posing with the sign... 

Yay! Prize money! I made $10...

Dad and I both got second place in women's and men's divisions. It was super fun to get to talk to Dad the whole way, and have fun laughing at each other while we tried to navigate the twisty path! 

(Also, Mom and Deborah were awesome cheerleaders, Deborah did some of her homework outside her building for the morning, just so she could cheer for us for the 30 seconds we were in sight! Mom was gracious enough to come and watch us too:) 

Just saying, I cannot wait until my next race!
  
   ~Avery

3 comments:

  1. You go girl! Can I just say, awesome time?! Seriously! And congrats on second place!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth:) Can't wait until February! We should go cycling or running sometime soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Beth, great time, and so glad you could have fun doing it! 8 minute miles are great! Two thumbs up, girl! I think it is so sweet that you and your dad did it together, too. What a great hobby to share together.

    ReplyDelete