Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A little bit about me...





Well, this is me:) I'm Avery DeWolf, and I love chocolate, and anything sugar!
I don't really love to cook, so this blog will definitely not be a food blog! I'm 14, and I'm home-schooled. My family is decidedly weird, and we're okay with that:) I'm a Christian, and I love to spend time with the Lord! Now, to the title. 'Sitting in My Chair' may sound strange, but to me it means something other than strange. In the morning, when I'm seriously groggy, I have two choices: to go back to sleep, or to spend a few minutes with Jesus. I like to imagine Jesus sitting in the chair next to my bed, eagerly waiting for time spent with me, (hence the name:) It reminds me that Jesus really is waiting for me, beside my bed. Thinking of it this way helps me remember how little of my day is devoted to Him. So...I took ten minutes, but how much time would I take for my best friend if she was sitting on my bed? It reminds me that although I might get caught up with the things of this world, (how I look, what other people think, how I'm doing in school, what I do with my time) it all will fade away some day, am I going to remember that someone complemented me on my hairdo 5 years ago? I need to continue to set my goals higher, to spend time with Jesus, for time spent with Him is where true joy blossoms. This blog will mostly be what Jesus taught me, while sitting next to me  in my chair.  I hope you enjoy reading with me! I'm excited to share with you! 
I also hope you'll stick around, this blog will do through many renovations, once I get my tech-smart sister to teach me how to use blogger:)
Sincerely,
Avery

10 comments:

  1. I'm already excited for your future blog posts, and I LOVE your title!
    What you said is so true, and I know that even when I do make time for God, often become proud that I did and then it ruins it all.
    I can't wait to read more! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girly! :) Great blog post... love the thoughts about how Jesus is right next to us, up close and personal, and... tender. I had never really thought of Him like that before. Thanks for your already insightful thoughts, and for sharing that adorable picture of you! Also, you know how Mrs. Mann was talking about how some writers have a distinct voice? I think you have one for sure! :) And that's a compliment, so say thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that was an amazing first post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is a wonderful way of looking at it! I cannot wait to see what God teaches you - thanks for being willing to teach us through posts. Love the analogy, but love you more! Hugs, Mary Frances :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're just awesome, girl! I love your blog already, and I can't wait to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it, Jellybean. I can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs to you all:) Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the analogy, too. Spending time with Jesus first thing in the morning is such an important habit to form. I have found that if I neglect that time in the morning, it is really hard to make time for it later in the day when my mind is already set on so many other things.

    ReplyDelete