Friday, December 5, 2014

Importance of Protection



I love my Dad. I was going through some pictures the other day and found these:) 

My Dad reminded me of something I've been thinking of lately: 
The Importance of Protection

I think sometimes I get a little too comfortable. I begin to think I really do know the best, that since I'm growing up I should be able to 'handle it'. But it reality I am terribly naive about the world I live in. I do not have the wisdom an extra thirty years would give me. I need protection. As someone who hates to admit weakness, this is not a comfortable fact. I don't want to be needy. 
But I don't want to be alone. 

Thus the great problem in my life: I want to be loved and cherished, but I want to do it "all by myself"

Thing is- "all by myself" is a lonely place, a miserable and full-of-failure place. Through God's grace I'm learning that I don't deserve to be loved. He is teaching me to embrace the fact that I am needy. 
I need Him! I need wise people in my life to help guide me! My Dad has years of wisdom and guidance for me- what sane person would forget? 
(I'm insane)

Vibia Perpetua, a martyr from 203AD said this: 
'In this trial what God determines will take place. We are not in our own keeping, but in God's.' 


This may seem completely unrelated to you, but to me this makes sense:) I am in God's keeping, His protection is always with me. This does NOT mean that I should go into whatever situation saying "God's got this!" without thinking of the consequences. God gave me people in my life to point me in His direction and protect me. I should say "God's got this"- but also make choices that honor him, not throw caution to the wind. It's getting close to bedtime, so I'll have to make this short: If you're stuck in this comfortable, dangerous place- wake up! God has given you people in your life who love you and desire to help you. Learn from them. 

Side note/ sneak peek for next post: Asking God to teach you kindness/patience/whatever DOESN'T work. You are still trying in you own strength to be what you cannot be- perfect. Instead, ask God to fill you up with his patience/kindness/whatever- let himself shine through you, and you can accurately reflect God!

Have a wonderful night,

Avery

Be impossibly on fire for God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment