Wednesday, February 19, 2014

nameless





Whew, this week has flown by! It seems like the Olympics just started, but they finish tomorrow! Anyone else enjoying the warm weather? It's a little bittersweet to see the snow leave, I don't know if we'll get it next year:( It was fun most of the time while it lasted! Sam, Olivia, and I all worked together to build a big snow fort in the pile in the street! We went outside and worked on it everyday after school, and after a day of numb bodies, we hollowed out the pile. Then we of course had to revise it and make it bigger… I am proud to present to you Fort we-didn't-name-it!


Inside

Olivia in one of the entrances

What it looks like from the middle of the street:)

                   Also, I'm sure many of you know I decided to do Biology on my own so as to learn it better (although slower...) I actually have some fun with science when my Dad explains it to me! He helps me see a real reason to learn Biology. For example, what if you wanted to know if the genes that made a hamster's coat black were dominant or not, or needed to speculate what color children a black coat hamster and a white coat would have? Dad and I practiced our pedigrees by drawing hamsters and and punnett squares! (I also drew mutants cause I wanted too…)

our pedigree


Okay, I wanted to share what God has been teaching me this week! The older girls of our family and Deborah started the Esther bible study by Beth Moore two weeks ago, and it's been so good already. In  this week's lessons, she was talking about how in Persian beauty wasn't something you were, it was something you did. It really got me thinking about how I see beauty. Sure I know I'm supposed to have inner beauty, but recently I've been hearing God talk through many things (people, scripture, his own voice) how much he wants me to grow in him, how he has amazing plans for my life. About the beauty thing, it's convicting to think about what beauty is to our culture. It doesn't matter if you are patient or loving, or forgiving. Our culture tells us that no one will ever love you if you don't look a certain way, talk a certain way, dress a certain way. I am so in love with how different God's message is!
He says that he created me, and thinks I'm beautiful, He doesn't care about stylish clothes, hair, He says that my physical body will fade away, but my soul will last forever. I need to be way more worried about my inner beauty, because that is what will last! Isn't the knowledge that He even cares about what you wear, and He pays attention to what you think so amazing! Thank-you Jesus for saving us! Thank-you for giving us mercy when we deserved hate! 
Remember to look outside today! God made sure every detail of nature is beautiful, even if not everyone notices:)
~Avery

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing snow fort!

    And what an amazing God who loves us and sees Jesus in us, even though we are completely unlovable and unlovely by ourselves.

    ReplyDelete