Wednesday, February 12, 2014

{Family}

                                                            {Family}
• A person or people related to one and so to be treated with a special loyalty or intimacy
• a group of people united in criminal activity•
        I like the second one best:) It certainly describes my siblings and I! So this week, while getting together every evening to watch the Olympics, I've been thinking more about what it really means to be a family. The dictionary defines family as related to one, and so to be treated with a special loyalty or intimacy, but I think there is something more there. Sure, you do have a very special bond that you can't simulate, like the irony of how much you can hate your sister, and still love her to death, right? How do you describe the way you can communicate without speaking to your sibling across the room? I think that God designed the family as the perfect incubator for children to learn what it means to be a young man or woman, to learn how to grow strong in Jesus! I can't imagine how much joy it brought God to create a family! (Sorry this is going to be a "ramble post") I cannot even begin to imagine how God can create such beauty even when  He can see all the stressed, angry, broken families in the world? Oh the infiniteness of God! 
I just love how all families have a choice: To depend of themselves and not spend time together, or to cultivate the unbreakable bonds of a family, to let their weakness be turned to strength with God! 




We memorized Hebrews 11: 1-2, 16, and 32-40 last week, and one of my favorite parts ( I don't know the exact verse number, probably 33:) says: [talking about the prophets] "Who through faith conquered kingdoms, administered justice, and gained what was promised; who quenched the fury of the flames, and escaped the edge of the sword; whose weakness was turned to strength…"


Even if my family does't always get along, even if we have our bad days, God is using our weakness to show the power and might of His strength! 



                                                ^^Our fancy dinner when Mom and Dad were gone:)
                                                  Olivia, the runner! ^^

                                             Daddy and I:) (I just broke another arrow:P)

                                            Collecting the arrows...
Sam shooting...
And… because I put that picture of Beth up last week, I thought I would make her feel better by putting a 'not-so-flattering' one of myself too:)
~Avery


1 comment: