Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving Vacation




Hello! We are now officially back, and I have so much to tell you!
                                                               First off, some pictures:
Margo(my cousin) and her rubber band/ weapon:)
Sledding on our ice toboggan, sorry it's a little blurry, it was snowing really hard!


Shopping, before we went to see Frozen, outside the Byron Center mall!

The 'kid' table for Thanksgiving, I'm sitting next to Jackson(my other cousin), if you're wondering what he looks like:)

Bryn and I:) Most of these were blurry, sorry! We got her a Varsity Donuts shirt, and Mom got me a matching one!


                                             It was so fun, and enjoyable! But let's get to the real reason of this post:)
    So, I ask myself while I type this, what has God been teaching me lately? I have to be honest with you guys, I don't know. I'm sure I could come up with something, but it wouldn't be completely meaningful, it wouldn't be fair to you, if I'm just spouting facts about God, or worse, if I'm just saying it, but not truly learning. I don't post to try and teach you guys, when I write it down, I'm learning from my own thoughts! Most of the time I have no idea where the words come from!
 
    I did my quiet time once during vacation. ONCE. I had ten whole days, and only one, five minute moment of reading God's word and praying. It would be a big fat lie to say I didn't learn anything though, because I did! It's not worth it to sleep in for ten more minutes. Sure I had fun on vacation, but spiritual warfare and just plain fear plagued me the whole time I stayed at my Aunt and Uncles. I can't live according to God's word if I'm not in His word! This summer I did a Beth Moore bible study, and it was on Daniel. She talked about the 'Babylon mindset', when you basically just worship an idol, which in my case is myself. She said that if you're not fighting the 'Babylon Mindset', it's already overtaken you. You can't stay away from it unless you're fighting it. I wasn't fighting it, and I was worshipping myself. I can never get those days back, but I can change what I do in the future. I know what it was like, and I don't want to go back. I don't want to live a mediocre life! Last week I started re-reading Do Hard Things, by Alex and Brett Harris, and I've been asking God to show me what hard thing he would like me to work on. I have noooo clue yet! I need to keep praying, and have faith that God will answer. Next week I will post more on that:)

                                                      Thanks for bearing with all that!
                                                                     ~Avery
   

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this post, Avery. One, it looked like you had a BLAST - sledding, shopping, Frozen, and Bryn? Sounds awesome! And also, I really appreciate you being real. I know a couple weeks ago, through a devotional, I was really convincted that I needed a closer relationship with God so I could listen and see where He was working. However, I had no idea how I was supposed to do that ... was I supposed to listen first, then grow in my relationships, or grow and then listen??? I couldn't figure it out! I decided to be diligent in it though and one morning, He showed me and oh my gosh, I was through the roof (in hindsight, it was a really obvious answer, but when it's from God, it doesn't matter if I feel dumb!)
    Wow, that was a crazy long comment ... short version - great, great post girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, BRYN!!!!!!! You both are so cute! Matching Varsity donut shirts, aay? That's so fun:)
    Oh I TOTALLY agree with you on that. Even taking five minutes to sit down and read God's word is better then none! I mean who doesn't have at least five minutes?!
    I was convicted of this a few days ago when I completely missed my bible time in the morning. And you know what? The whole day I had a terrible attitude and I could barely keep from shouting hurtful things at my siblings.
    Thanks so much for the motivation, girl. It's so very true!!

    ReplyDelete