Monday, November 25, 2013

{Update From MI}




Hello everyone!
Many of you know that my family and I went to Michigan for Thanksgiving, if you didn't know, now you do! Excitingly though, we stopped for THREE WHOLE days at the Warner's house!!!! (Some very good friends of ours, who moved away:( ) Guys, their new house is so cool! We stayed there three days, and had so much fun! Savanna, Bryn, and I got to stay in her bedroom, while the rest of my family were in the guest room. The first day Savanna, Mom, and Dad went to Cornerstone College for a visit day, (Savanna loved it! *happy/sad dance* BUT don't freak out, she hasn't fully decided yet!) So the younger three were left with Mrs. Warner and Bryn all day!!

Us youngers spent our whole day together getting ready for a puppet show. They have an awesome staircase, and rafters right above, and it reminded me a LOT of the Sound of Music, (goat song, remember?!) So! we hung blanket from the rafters and from the stair case, and turned the stuffed animals brave enough to come on holiday with us into marionettes! (They actually worked!) Bryn and I
wrote original song lyrics to common Christmas songs, giving them titles such as 'Oh, Ornaments', to the tune of 'Oh, Christmas Tree', and 'Oh, Holy Cheese',to, you guessed, 'Oh, Holy Night'. All of us had so much fun!

On the second day we all slept in VERY late, and had breakfast at twelve! I can't go into so many details, it went so fast, but we had so much fun! On Sunday, we got up a little earlier, ate breakfast, packed the car, and then the Warner's and the DeWolf's had a family worship time. It was really fun to see how they did Church. I have never experienced using prayer books and written prayers like that! It was hard to leave, but we'll see them again soon, hopefully! Right now I'm sitting in my Aunt and Uncle's house, and this is a particularly comfortable couch! I also have to finish getting ready to go to Grandma D's, so goodbye! See you soon!

                                                        ~Avery

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're having such a fun vacation! And I'm looking forward to hearing more of Savanna's thoughts about college!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! How FUN! Sleepovers, puppets, and "Oh, Holy Cheese????" Sounds like a blast! This is a great post! Have fun at Grandma D's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blast! That staircase sounds amazing! "O Holy Cheese" ... maybe you'll give us a rendition at the BL tea??? :) This post was really fun to read, I could hear you saying it! Missed you today at English!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun!! Jealous!! ;) Their house sounds fun, wish I could've been there to see the puppet show. Particularly the "holy cheese" part!!

    ReplyDelete