Saturday, November 2, 2013

Motivation



So, volleyball is officially over for me! This year has been a blast, I couldn't have wish for a better team! Well, the sad thing about volleyball is that I don't get to see my friends every day, but I won't be as busy! This year I've given myself a challenge to not stop working out when volleyball is over, last year I was pretty "in shape"... not to Mrs. Marteney standards, but for me:) I stopped working out though, and I lost a lot of weight... not so good. This year I'm more motivated, because I know that I don't want to repeat last year! So, I've finally started running, my goal is four miles by christmas, I don't exactly know how that will happen, but my mind is set! (Trust me, it doesn't seem like much, but for me, after two miles, it seems like a lot!) Sam and Olivia want to work out with me too, so I lead them in "fun" twelve minute ab workouts, they haven't given up on me yet!! 

So, why is this post titled 'Motivation'? Well, today I wanted to talk about something that's been bugging me lately. Who am I working out for? Am I doing this for myself, God, or other people's opinions? Like I said at Bright Lights, (for those of you who go:) I want to be perfect, but am I doing this to be perfect, or for good reasons? I don't want to get sucked into the sinful thoughts of being perfect again! Remember how I said I needed to accept God's grace in my life? Well, this is part of my life! This is a hard question for me to answer. I'm praying for God to work in my heart, and as I run, I pray God would help me run for the right reasons! I've decided that I'm running to stay strong. 

Sorry for the short(er) post, this is a slightly hectic weekend:) 
Feel free to ask me about my running, I need some people to keep me on track other than myself:)
                                                                              ~Avery

3 comments:

  1. A motivation tip: set an attainable weekly goal for your exercise plan (mine is 4 days /week) and write it down on a calendar when you exercise. Setting the goal, then seeing it in writing helps hold yourself accountable. (But make the goal doable, so you don't get discouraged.) Happy running! --Mrs. M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs. Marteney! I'll do that:) Thanks for the encouragement!
      Beth, you can just tell your Mom I said that:p

      Delete
  2. Great thoughts - and a great running goal! It's excellent to have good things to think about while you run, too.

    ReplyDelete